Monday, August 31, 2009

No Action Yesterday

I ended up losing a little last week, but nothing too big. I have been liking favorites lately as usually teams in the race try a little harder this time of year.

Portfolio: $1039 (12.8% return)
S&P 500: $1029 (11.7% return)


Today's Games
Atlanta (+140) @ Florida (-150)
If you checked earlier I said there were no games today, but I've changed my mind. In the only game I like today Kenshin Kawakami is matched up against Josh Johnson. Kawakami has been average this year and is on the verge of losing his spot in the rotation with the return of Tim Hudson. He doesn't strike out too many and walks a little more than the average. By looking at his numbers it doesn't look like he's really good or bad at anything. His strikeouts are down lately and he has struggled away from home. Johnson is having a really good season and has liked pitching at home. He has struggled a little but lately, but that's due to giving up a few home runs, which he usually doesn't do. His K's are there and he has continued to show great control. I like the Marlins, who roughed up Kawakami a month ago.
Bets
$15 FLA -150

No comments:

Post a Comment