Monday, January 25, 2010

Forgot To Update Yesterday

Sorry that I forgot to update yesterday. By the time I remembered the second game was already starting. I would have basically broke even as I liked both underdogs yesterday. The Super Bowl will be good and right now I am leaning with the Colts -5. The Saints got lucky yesterday as they recovered 3 fumbles, and that Favre decided to throw across the field instead of run. But before that play there was no excuse for them to have 12 guys in the huddle, and before that it seemed like Childress was fine with settling for a 50 yard field goal to win the game. I would probably lay most of the blame on Childress. Horrible end of game management. The Saints have been getting a lot of turnovers this year, and that is kind of a fluke stat. The Rams were like that in 1999 when they won the Super Bowl. The whole season I have waiting for the Saints to stop getting fluke turnovers, but it has not happened so maybe it is really their year. But I have to think the Colts will protect the ball. And I can almost guarantee that next year the Saints will not force as many turnovers as they have this year. After the Super Bowl, I probably won't have any bets until baseball season.

Portfolio: $859 (-6.7% return)
S&P 500: $1092 (18.6% return)

Today's Games

None

No comments:

Post a Comment