Monday, May 2, 2011

0-2, Down $69

Wow, that was my biggest loss of all time. Both teams lost by 1 run and my string of bad luck (or just horrible picks) continues. If anything, you can just go the opposite of what I pick, but I seem to think I am just in a streak of bad luck.

Portfolio: $649 (-29.5% return)
S&P 500: $1364 (48.1% return)

Today's Games

Texas (-110) @ Oakland (+100)

In the only game I like today Derek Holland is matched up against Brandon McCarthy. The Rangers got off to a hot start but have since cooled down and the A's have been average all year long. Both pitchers are in somewhat similar situations. Both were top prospects and both have pitched better than what their numbers show. Both pitchers are giving up a higher percentage of hits on balls in play than normal. McCarthy is trying to res erect his career after a string of injuries over the last 5 years. Other than his last start, where he was rocked for 14 hits and 7 runs, he has pitched really well. Holland had 2 good starts to start off the season, but has since given up 5 runs in each of his last 3 starts. With the line being even, I'm going to go with Oakland because I think McCarthy will have an edge pitching against the team that let him go last year.

Bets

$10 OAK +100

No comments:

Post a Comment