Sunday, October 25, 2009

ALCS Game 6 Postponed

No action last night due to rain, but I still like the Angels at the same odds.

Portfolio: $943 (2.4% return)
S&P 500: $1080 (17.3% return)

Today's Games

Los Angels Angels (+170) @ New York Yankees (-190)
San Francisco @ Houston (-3)
Buffalo @ Carolina (-7)
New Orleans @ Miami (+7)
Atlanta @ Dallas (-4)

See yesterday's post for analysis on the baseball game.

The 49ers/Texans game is a matchup of good defense vs good offense and bad offense vs bad defense. The Texans have an explosive offense and the 49ers have a tough defense. The 49ers get Michael Crabtree, although he probably won't have much of an impact. They also get Frank Gore back, but he may still be limited by his ankle. I like the Texans at home as I do not think the 49ers can hold them for their anemic offense.

The Bills have a lot of problems on offense mainly due to horrible offensive line and quarterback play, and last week they let up over 300 yards rushing in an overtime win against the Jets. They face the Panthers who had two 100 yard backs last week and plan on doing that again this week. I see the Panthers controlling the clock in an easy win. I'll take the Panthers -7.

The Saints have been the best team in the league so far and are coming off an impressive victory over the Giants last week. The Dolphins are coming off a bye and have a tough ball controlling offense and a decent defense. They play very physical style of football that I'm not sure the Saints have seen. The best defense against a high powered offense like the Saints is a ball controlling offense. The Saints have been getting a lot of turnovers this year, averaging around 3 per game, and that has really helped out their offense. The Dolphins do not turn the ball over so I do not expect the Saints to continue getting turnovers. I like the rested Dolphins +7 at home against the talk of the league right now. Another reason why I like this game is because ESPN has been hyping up the Saints.

I like Atlanta in this game as I think they are one of the better teams in the NFC. The Cowboys are falling apart at all levels and I think there is too much pressure on them right now.

Bets

$10 LAA +170
$11 HOU -3
$11 CAR -7
$11 MIA +7
$11 ATL +4

No comments:

Post a Comment