Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Action Yesterday

I didn't get around to updating my blog yesterday, but I was not going to pick any games anyway since I'm on a cold streak. I can't seem to get one break, but that's how it goes in sports betting. You just have to stay consistent and not loose your cool and things will eventually turn around. I'm staying away from baseball today as I have missed all my postseason picks so far, but there should be some good games today.

Portfolio: $904 (-1.8% return)
S&P 500: $1071 (16.3% return)

Today's Games

Cleveland @ Buffalo (-6)
Cincinnati @ Baltimore (-9)

The Browns are not as bad you think and they seem to be playing with more enthusiasm now that they have their better QB starting. The Browns also have one of the better special teams and Buffalo has one of the worst coverage units. I look for the Browns to pull this one out and Trent Edwards to get benched, so I'll take the 6 points.

Cincinnati and Baltimore have the same record but for some reason the Ravens are favored by 9 at home. They are not that much better than the Bengals and the Bengals defense has been really solid this year. Flacco is not at an elite level and I look for him to struggle a little today. The Bengals are playing with a pride this year and even if they lose I do not think it will be by more than 9 points.

Bets

$11 CLE +6
$11 CIN +9

No comments:

Post a Comment