Sunday, September 20, 2009

Boston and Colorado Take Care of Business

My portfolio gained $40 as Jon Lester and Jason Hammel pitched solid and both teams pulled away at the end of the game to win easily. I'm staying away from the NFL this week as it is still way too unpredictable. I have also decided to list my winning percentage for the first time today. If you have been following my advice and using my conservative money management approach then you should be doing pretty well.


Portfolio: $1169 (27% return)
S&P 500: $1068 (16% return)

Overall Record: 48-33 (59%)
Favorites: 34-18 (65%)
Underdogs: 15-14 (52%)

Today’s Games

Chicago Cubs (+140) @ St. Louis (-160)

Carlos Zambrano is matched up against Adam Wainwright. Zambrano is an erratic pitcher who has not been throwing well lately. While his strikeouts are up, so are his walks and hits. He has also not fared well against the Cardinals this year. Wainwright is making a bid for the National League CY Young award and has been on top of his game in his last 2 starts. His indicators tell me that he will keep it up. He is 3-0 with a 2.43 ERA against the Cubs in 4 starts this year and has an ERA of 1.89 at home. This is ESPN’s Sunday night game of the week and Wainwright will have the chance to show everyone how good he has been as the Cardinals should complete the sweep.


Bet

$32 STL -160

No comments:

Post a Comment