Thursday, September 24, 2009

Phillies Lose, Red Sox Win - Down $14

Hamels and Beckett didn't go out and dominate, but they pitched well enough to win. Brad Lidge blew another save and was the difference in my portfolio gaining $40 or losing $14.

If anyone watched the Phillies game on ESPN I feel sorry for your ears since you had to listen to such bad commentating. I cannot believe how much they were talking about Cole Hamels not throwing his curveball because they thought his arm was hurt. I believe the commentator was Rick Sutcliffe, but I could be wrong. He also went as far as to say that the Phillies are hiding an injury. This is complete fabrication as Hamels generally does not throw his curveball unless he has the feel for it, which he rarely does. He throws his curve less than 10% of the time and last year during his postseason run he very rarely threw a curve. He’s a fastball and change up pitcher. Even Karl Ravech after the game commented that Hamels was only throwing fastballs. ESPN has gotten so far away from just covering sports that I cannot stand them and very rarely watch anything on that network. Over the years I have found that no one employed by ESPN really knows that much about any sport. I have watched Hamels pitch less than 10 times and somehow I know more about how he pitches than the so called ESPN analyst, what a joke. I will use this to my advantage as a lot of people will believe that and bet against Hamels which will move the line in my favor. One of the factors I use in betting NFL games is the go against whoever ESPN decides to hype up.

Portfolio: $1163 (26.3% return)
S&P 500: $1061 (15.2% return)

Today's Games

None

No comments:

Post a Comment