Monday, September 28, 2009

Titans Lose – Down $11

The Jets hot streak continues, and the Titans are off to a 0-3 start. Neither team is as good or bad as their record indicates. The Titans especially are not 0-3 bad, as they can stop the run and run the ball. Usually teams that are successful doing that will win more than they lose. I am going to try to put together a model for the NFL to determine statistical indicators and margin of victory, but I won’t know for another 2-4 weeks if anything comes out of that.

Heading into the last week of the baseball season there are only 2 playoff races going on, the American League Central and the National League Wild Card. The end of this baseball season has been one of the least entertaining in a while, and the games are really hard to predict as I don’t know who trying and who’s not. For example, I’m not sure if Josh Beckett will come out tonight with the focus and intensity he’s had over the last month since his team has basically wrapped up the Wild Card. Out of the teams that are in a race, I do not like any tonight. I’m not sure how many baseball games I will like this week, but if you’ve been following my advice the last month I have had a decent run gaining over 20%.

Portfolio: $1103 (19.8% return)
S&P 500: $ 1044 (13.4% return)


Today’s Games

None

No comments:

Post a Comment