Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Baseball Season!

My goal this season is to catch up to the S&P 500. I don't think it'll be as hard as it currently looks because I think the S&P 500 is due for a collapse this year.

Portfolio: $787 (-14.5% return)
S&P 500: $1332 (44.6% return)

Today's Games

Kansas City (+160) @ Detroit (-170)
Oakland (-100) @ Minnesota (-110)

In the first game Kyle Davies is matched up against the up and coming Max Scherzer. Both pitchers got rocked in their first start, so it may look like an even game. But historically the Tigers hitters have crushed Davies, so I like the Tigers to score a lot of runs in this game. I'm not too sure how Scherzer will do since he was hit pretty hard in his first start, but I think the Tigers will be able to put up a good numbers of runs against what they see as a batting practice pitcher.

In the second game Brett Anderson is matched up against Carl Pavano in the Twins home opener. Anderson is coming off a solid start, giving up only 1 run in 6 innings in a no decision, and looks to continue to build his case as the next stud left handed pitcher. Injuries really slowed him down last year and since it was his elbow I'm still kind of concerned, but so far so good. Pavano is coming off a shellacking in his first start, giving up 7 runs in 4 innings including 3 home runs. I know it's the Twins home opener and the energy level will be high, but this looks like the perfect match up for Oakland. The Twins are a left handed heavy lineup and Anderson should be able to neutralize them and the crowd. I'll take the even money odds here.

Bets

$17 DET -170
$20 OAK -100

No comments:

Post a Comment