Sunday, December 6, 2009

NFL Today

This week looks pretty tough, but I should be able to make some gains for my portfolio.

Portfolio: $952 (3.4% return)
S&P 500: $1106 (20.1% return)

Today's Games

Houston @ Jacksonville (+2)
Tennessee @ Indianapolis (-7)
San Diego @ Cleveland (+14)
Dallas @ New York Giants (+1)
Minnesota @ Arizona (+3.5)

In a game that will be huge in shaping the AFC Wild Card, I like the more talented team. Although I generally do not bet on low road favorites, I think the Texas are a very talented team that struggle to win against superior foes. They seem to win games that they should, and the Jaguars have been playing a little over their head this year. The Jags are an average team, but not much better. I feel comfortable laying the 2 points on the talented road team.

The Colts just find a way to win every week, but I believe that will come to end end sometime soon. The Texans had that game last week and choked it away at home. The Titans are playing as well as any team right now and the way to beat the Colts is to control the ball and be more physical than them. I think the Titans can do that. I don't know if they'll win, but I like the 7 points.

The Chargers/Browns game will be a blowout. With the Browns losing Shaun Rogers they now have no threat on the defense, and they already had no threat on offense. Look for the Chargers to pressure Quinn like crazy and dominate the entire game.

I like the Giants in this game because are the low home dog. I think these teams are pretty even, so I'll take the home team.

In what should be a good game tonight, I like the home dog getting 3.5 points. Warner should be playing and the Arizona defense should slow down the Vikings offense.

Bets

$11 HOU -2
$11 TEN +7
$11 SD -14
$11 NYG +1
$11 ARI +3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment