Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A's Lose a Pitching Duel, Down $10

Brett Anderson pitched pretty well, definitely well enough to win, but Felix Hernandez was great as the Mariners won 2-0. On the positive side I only bet $10.

Portfolio: $777 (-15.6% return)
S&P 500: $1089 (18.2% return)

Today's Games (Thursday 8/12)

New York Yankees (-230) @ Kansas City (+190)

In the only game today CC Sabathia is matched up against Bruce Chen. Sabathia has been decent this year, but not as dominant as in the past. I believe this is due to that fact that he knows he is going to be pitching a lot of innings and in the post season so he is saving himself. This is when he has kicked it into gear the last couple of years, and I expect him to do the same this year. With the Yankees lineup he does not have to go out and throw a gem, and he knows that. His indicators are average even though he is 14-5 with a 3.14 ERA. Bruce Chen is having an average season for himself. He is an average major league pitcher who will generally keep his team in the game. But this start he is facing an All-Star team so I don't think that will be the case. I'm not sure why the Yankees are only favored at -230 because I think they should be more towards -300. The Yankees with CC on the mound are a good value play. Hopefully I can make up that $10 easily on this game.

Bets

$23 NYY -230

No comments:

Post a Comment