Monday, August 9, 2010

Shields Gets Hammered, Rays Lose - Down $28

Wow, I can't believe how off I was on that game. I guess a home run pitcher against a home run hitting lineup is not the best matchup for the pitcher.

Portfolio: $787 (-14.5% return)
S&P 500: $1128 (22.5% return)

Today's Games (Tuesday 8/10)

Oakland (+120) @ Seattle (-140)

In the only game I like Tuesday Brett Anderson is matched up against Felix Hernandez. Anderson is making his 3rd start since coming off the DL with an elbow injury. That was his second time on the DL for his elbow, and that's usually not a good sign. He struggled in his first outing back and was pretty good in his second. He has some really good stuff and when healthy I think he can be one of the best left handers in the game. He looks a little out of shape, so if we ever decides to take care of his body it will make him that much better. Hernandez is an ace, but his struggling lately. His strikeouts are down and his walks are up. I start to wonder if he's lost interest just like Ichiro has since the team is so bad. Their offense is just anemic. Oakland is playing well recently and is still in the AL West race, so if Anderson's elbow holds up he should have a good outing. I like them as the underdog in this game.

Bets

$10 OAK +120

No comments:

Post a Comment