Sunday, June 28, 2009

Easy Game Today

No bets last night. Here's the financial situation.

Portfolio: $913 (-0.9% return)
S&P 500: $ 919 (-0.2% return)

Today's Games

Kansas City (-150) @ Pittsburgh (+140)

Royals ace Zack Greinke is going up against Charlie Morton, who had his start on Friday pushed back due to injury. Greinke is having a CY Young season going 9-3 with a 1.90 ERA with 2 complete game shutouts. He won his last start against Houston by throwing 8 innings of shutout ball after hitting a rough patch in his previous 4 starts where he allowed more than 3 earned runs each game, losing two of those. His last start tells me he's found his stuff again, mostly notably his control. Greinke has only allowed 3 HR's in 109 innings this year, and Pittsburgh really has no power. Greinke's walk rate per 9 innings is 1.49, and Pittsburgh's young hitters are not too patient at the plate. What this tells me is that Pittsburgh most likely will not draw walks or hit home runs with Greinke on the mound. I don't know too much about Charlie Morton, but you can see my analysis of him from Friday's post. I really don't think it matter's how Charlie Morton throws because I doubt he will receive much run support. The main question is whether the Royals offense can score some runs for the CY Young candidate. I feel confident to bet my max limit of 5% on this game.

Bet

$45 KC -150

No comments:

Post a Comment