Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rough Night

The Royals and Giants both lost as they showed no offense, but I actually ended up only losing one game because the Kansas City game was void due to Pittsburgh changing starting pitchers. My portfolio lost $20 to fall behind the S&P 500 for the first time. Meche labored through 5 innings against a weak Pittsburgh offense so I was wrong about that. And Gallardo was dominant. By looking at the box score it seems Gallardo regained his control, but I don't think that's the case. He was consistently behind in counts and the free swinging Giants bailed him out a lot. One thing I forgot to factor in is that the Giants are last in the majors in drawing walks. If I would have seen this, I probably wouldn't have picked them. I look for the line in Gallardo's next start to be inflated, as his control still isn't there.

Portfolio: $913 (-0.9% return)
S&P 500: $919 (-0.2% return)

Today's Games

None.

Every game looks like a coin flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment