Monday, November 23, 2009

1-0, Up $10

It was an entertaining day in the NFL yesterday, and I ended up gaining $10. The Ravens just could not get the ball in the end zone and Flacco’s pick at the end of the game lost it. I’ll take a push on that game, but I think I should have won. The Chargers did just as I said and dominated the Broncos. I like when bad teams get off to good starts because their lines are artificially inflated for a few weeks like you have seen with the Broncos. I look for their lines to be normal now. And vice versa with the Chargers. They got off to slow start and their lines were artificially low for a few weeks, but from now on they should be normal.

Portfolio: $954 (3.6% return)
S&P 500: $1091 (18.5% return)

Today’s Games

Tennessee @ Houston (-4)

This should be a good Monday Night Football game. The Titans are riding a three game winning streak and the Texans are off to their best start in franchise history. The Titans made the switch to Vince Young and it has paid off. They are back to their ball controlling ways, but their defense has not been good although it has been playing better lately. Chris Johnson has been a beast lately and I do not see him slowing down. The Texans high powered offense will be hurt with Owen Daniels out for the year as he was Schaub’s safety blanket. The running back position is also up in the air with Slaton’s ineffectiveness and fumbling problems. I like the fact that Vince Young is playing in Texas and the Titans are playing with the confidence they showed last year. The Texans will turn the ball over at least one time and if the Titans can win the turnover battle I see them winning this game, so I’ll take the points.

Bets

$11 TEN +4

No comments:

Post a Comment