Monday, November 16, 2009

3-0, Up $40

I finally passed the break even mark of $921 and hopefully it will be permanent. I’m starting to get a feel for the NFL now. My betting strategy varies greatly from baseball to football as baseball is a numbers game and football is not. Although I had the most confidence in my San Diego bet yesterday, the Falcons/Panthers game looked like the biggest trap game and that is why I liked the Panthers. The middle of the NFL season is where I believe most people fail, so it’s smart to go against the public.

I’m not going to bet on the Monday Night game tonight between the Ravens and Browns, but I would lean with the Ravens. I’m a Browns fan and know them better than any team. Brady Quinn is the starter again and I think he’s got a long way to go to be a serviceable quarterback. Their skill position players are way below average, and our leading tackler is out for the season. The Ravens on the other hand are almost in a must win situation, but I don’t really know how Flacco will react on the big Monday Night Stage. I think the Ravens will win by 30 points as Quinn will not be able to move the ball and the Browns defense will tire, but Monday Night Football changes teams and players. I’ll stay away from this game.

Portfolio: $944 (2.5% return)
S&P 500: $1093 (18.7% return)

Today’s Games

None

No comments:

Post a Comment