Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Astros Lose, Indians Win

I split last night to gain $8, and that’s what I like about baseball. I’m also outpacing the S&P 500 again.

Portfolio: $987 (7.2% return)
S&P 500: $982 (6.6% return)

Today’s Game

Cleveland (+180) @ Los Angeles Angels (-210)

In the only game I like today David Huff is matched up against Jered Weaver. The inexperienced Huff is pretty erratic, but has shown good control in his first stint in the majors. He doesn’t have the stuff to pile up strikeouts and doesn’t throw a heavy ball, but he is a lefty. Weaver is having a solid year with a 10-3 record and 3.57 ERA. He has good control and strikes out a little more than the league average. He has a low hit rate, but this is starting to correct up since he is giving up more fly balls than his career average. Both pitchers have struggled over their last 3 starts, and I look for this to be another slug fest. The Indians have been hitting the cover off the ball lately as they racked up 20 hits last night. At +180, I think it’s a solid play to put a little on a team swinging the bat as good as the Indians have.

Bet

$10 CLE +180

No comments:

Post a Comment