Saturday, July 18, 2009

Giants Lose 2-1 in 14

I was right about the Pirates not scoring many runs, but the Giants offense was even worse. Their only run came off a Pittsburgh error. At -150, I still think that was one of the better bets I've seen lately. I'm not sure how many times we'll get better than -150 on Lincecum the rest of the year.

Portfolio: $1031 (11.9% return)
S&P 500: $940 (2.1% return)

Today's Game

Philadelphia (+110) @ Florida (-120)

In the only game I like today Joe Blanton is matched up against Josh Johnson. The strikeout and walk rates of both pitcher's are the basically the same. The main difference between the two is that Johnson has a little better stuff and gets more ground balls. Both have also been pitching well as of late, and their rates look pretty normal. The Phillies have a better offense and defense, and that is why I like them at +110.

Bets

$20 PHI +110

No comments:

Post a Comment