Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Padres Lose - Down $20

The Diamonbacks pulled out the 4-3 victory with both pitchers pitching well. Correira pitched like he has all season, and Davis continued to strand runners at a high rate by only allowing 2 runs even though he allowed 12 baserunners. The S&P continued it's poor run as of late, so at least it didn't gain on me. I passed on betting against Gallardo last night and it hurt me. He was wild, walking 5 in 5 innings while allowing 4 ER in a loss. He's a good pitcher, he just needs to work on his control.

Portfolio: $1000 (8.6% return)
S&P 500: $881 (-4.3% return)

Today's Games

None.

Check back as a may change my mind. Two games jumped out at first, but after looking into them I changed my mind. The Padres jumped out again at +160 with Chad Gaudin facing Max Scherzer and the Diamondbacks. The reason I backed away from this is that the Diamondbacks seem to be hitting their stride lately. Both Gaudin and Scherzer are inconsistent, so it's odd for the Diamondbacks to be favored by that much (-180). The other game that jumped out was Kansas City (-135) @ Detroit (+115). Greinke, who has 2 complete game wins against Detroit this year, is facing rookie Luke French. The Royals should be favored by more, but their offense is anemic and the fact that they are facing a lefty for the first time can be trouble. I'm staying away from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment